Prepared for the Future
"It's amazing how simple this process was, and how well you knew how to prepare me for my future."--Jimmy, age 29
--Jimmy, age 29
Read Quote >
View All Quotes >
2. How to Request a Short Sale
If you are facing foreclosure and are considering selling your home as a short sale as an out, get in touch with a trusted real estate professional immediately. They will be able to assist you in the process of requesting to short sell your home.
- Your real estate agent will most likely tell you that some banks will not allow a short sale to happen. Contact your lender’s loss mitigation department and speak with a supervisor. Explain your financial situation and ask if you qualify to sell your home as a short sale.
- Ask the supervisor what documents you’ll need to proceed and make copies of those. (Depending on the lender this could be anything from bank statements, tax forms, pay stubs, etc.)
- Ask your real estate agent to come up with a comparative market analysis report to show your lender how much the home is worth based on home sales in the area.
- Write a letter of financial hardship detailing the reasons you are no longer able to make payments on your home.
- When you’ve completed all the aforementioned necessary paperwork, compile it together and mail it to your lender’s loss mitigation department.
- Pending your short sale application approval, request a deficiency release from the bank. The release absolves you of any obligation to pay the balance on the mortgage. If the bank refuses, continue to press the issue.
If one or more of these Real Estate Tips applies to YOU...
...let Kansas City Real Estate assist you with any questions you may have. Draw on our years of experience as top Realtors® to address the needs of your unique situation. That's why we're here.
Kansas City Real Estate, Inc.
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
14 SW 3rd St.
Lee's Summit, Missouri 64063
Fawn Brents: 816.728.8688
John Brents: 816.830.9919
Jennifer Brents Dove: 816.260.8884
At Kansas City Real Estate, Inc., we know Kansas City! You can rely on our expertise and market knowledge to navigate you through the sale or purchase of a home. If you are a Seller, our proven marketing plan can help you sell your home in record time. And if you are a Buyer, all of our agents are can assist you in finding the Kansas City community that fits your lifestyle. Call...stop in...e-mail us today!
CIPS, ABR, SFR, GRI, CRS,CSP, e-PRO
John Brents, GRI
is brought to you by Fawn Brents, real estate for
Lee's Summit, Raymore and Kansas City, Missouri
Read Fawn Brents'
Terms of Service,
Free & Without Obligation Pledge
© Homes Media Solutions™, a division of Dominion Enterprises and/or its clients.
All rights reserved. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.